With a population of about 2.4 million people, the demand for water in the Greater Austin Metro area is exceptionally high, causing unexpected disruptions and restrictions due to water scarcity. One way to deal with this, have peace of mind, and save money on water bills is to install a rainwater harvesting system at your home.
A rainwater harvesting system collects water from the roof of your home that can be used in various household activities, such as lawn irrigation. Typically, water is collected and stored in a tank or cistern for use at a later time. Installing a rainwater harvesting system can help you take advantage of free rainwater.
Benefits of Rainwater Harvesting
To reduce dependence on city-treated water, rainwater harvesting is becoming a practical choice—and an attractive one at that! Rain has a long history of being prized for its softness and purity. Essentially, it is free of minerals, salts, and other impurities, and can be used as-is without the need for additional filtering or treatment. Moreover, the collection and use of rainwater is a great way to conserve water. Enjoy the following benefits simply by having a rainwater collection system at your home:
- Rainwater is practically free once the harvesting system has been installed and paid for. With a reliable system, you can efficiently collect free water and use it later on.
- Use of rainwater cuts down your water consumption from the city, reducing your water bills.
- It can be used as a backup source of water for emergencies. If properly filtered and further treated, it can even be used as the primary water source.
- Harvesting rainwater gives you complete control over your water supply, which is especially helpful in areas with strict restrictions.
- Rainwater is perfect for your irrigation or sprinkler system. Grass and plants flourish with it.
- Rainwater harvesting is great for the environment and having such a system can reduce stormwater pollution, diminishing its impact on local watersheds.
- A rainwater harvesting system is simple to install in an existing building or to include on a new home.
- A rainwater harvesting system reduces reliance on city water and therefore reduces the energy needed to distribute water.
With all these benefits, investing in a rainwater harvesting system for your home makes a lot of sense. You will be doing a lot for the environment, reduce your expenses, and have fewer worries because you have control over your water supply.
Call Austex Sprinklers for a Rainwater Harvesting System Quote Today!
Harvesting rainwater is a tried-and-tested technique with many benefits. Rainwater harvesting is an environmentally-friendly way to irrigate your lawn and bring down the cost of your water bills.
Want to reap the benefits of a rainwater harvesting system? Call Austex Sprinklers today at (512) 721-8564 to schedule a no-cost installation quote appointment.